Tinkers Lane Surgery
Tinkers Lane, Royal Wootton Bassett, SN4 7AT
It's Friday 1:31 AM — Sorry, we're closed
Telephone: 01793 852131
Fax: 01793 848891
Out of Hours: 111
Welcome to Tinkers Lane Surgery
Important Notice dated 24th April 2019:
This time of year the surgery is inundated with requests for ‘summer time ailments’, particularly conditions such as:
- Hayfever symptoms
- Requests for hayfever repeat medications
- Insect bites and stings (including those that have become red, inflamed or swollen)
- Sunburn and ‘prickly heat’
In almost all cases these conditions can be dealt with by a pharmacist.
Popping in to your local pharmacy can be the quickest way to get these issues sorted.
Please be aware that:
- You do not require a prescription to get most of the medications used to treat these conditions, and Doctors rarely prescribe medications that are ‘stronger’ than those available ‘over the counter’
- You can normally see your pharmacist quickly and efficiently at a time that suits you, avoiding the need to wait for a doctor’s appointment or prescription
- If you pay for your prescriptions it will often be cheaper to purchase your medication from the pharmacy/supermarket
- Even if you are exempt from prescription charges, a month’s hayfever tablets can be available for as little as £1.63/month. Buying them from the pharmacy/supermarket saves resources which can be spent in other areas of the health service.
As a practice we would ask that you START with a discussion with the pharmacist for any of these conditions, and you may be directed to them if you have not already done so.
If a pharmacist cannot deal with the problem, or you are advised by them to contact your GP, or you feel the above advice does not apply then please contact the surgery and we will be happy to help.
For Further information, please see:
Evening and Weekend Appointments Available…Now you can now access additional Primary Care Services in the evenings and at weekends.
Improved Access is a Wiltshire-wide initiative where local practices are working together to offer increased availability of services and appointments in the evenings and the weekend. These appointments are available 18:30-20:00 Monday-Friday, and Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays. This collaboration by practices will ensure all patients in Wiltshire have this option, but this might mean you will be offered an appointment at another practice.
Appointment types will vary – some being face-to-face, some on the phone – and there will be a mixture of bookable and same-day appointments available across the week. We will be offering appointments with GPs as well as with other healthcare professionals, such as a Practice Nurse or Health Care Assistant . We are keen to balance the importance of continuity of care with convenient access for patients, while ensuring that the service is safe.
To book such an appointment, contact us during normal opening times. A receptionist will explain the process, and ensure the booking is appropriate. You will need to give consent to use this service.
Monday morning opening
Please note from 21st January, our reception will open at 8:20 on a Monday morning
Christmas Opening Hours
Update Your Details
Patient Participation Group
Friends & Family Test
08:30 - 18:30
08:30 - 13.00 & 14.00 - 20.00
07:30 - 20:00
08:30 - 18.30
08:30 - 18:30