Tinkers Lane Surgery
Tinkers Lane, Royal Wootton Bassett, SN4 7AT
Current time is 18:14 - Sorry, we're closed
Telephone: 01793 852131
Out of Hours: 111
Latest News (click title to open):
Welcome to Tinkers Lane Surgery
CORONAVIRUS – VACCINATION UPDATE : 13th JAN 2021
E-mail for vaccination enquiries from the public: NHS England have set up an email for enquiries from the public about the COVID vaccination. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are now contacting patients to invite them to have their Covid vaccination. The clinics are being run at Malmesbury Primary Care Centre – directions can be found here. If you have been offered an appointment please read this important Patient Information Leaflet.
- Please do not telephone us to ask when or if you are going to get a Covid Vaccine.
- We will contact you individually if and when you are invited to have a vaccine and will keep this website updated.
- The vaccine will be given in order of priority to those at highest risk first.
- Please act on your invitation when it comes, and make sure you attend your appointments.
- It is essential, if you are given a vaccine, that you return for the second part of the vaccination on the date that you are advised to.
- Please continue to abide by all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
We are all excited to hear about the progress on a Covid vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us. We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe. Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing but we all look forward to the time when we will return to life as normal.
Thank you for your patience
Please follow the link below for the latest government guidance on the wearing of face coverings during the Covid pandemic. It also includes information on the exemptions to the wearing of face coverings. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own Please be aware that a letter from a GP is NOT required to prove you have an exemption to wear face coverings. Please click on the following link to download or print off Face covering exemption cards https://www.keepsafe.org.uk/card
With effect from MONDAY 6TH JULY, any patients who are asked to come for a face to face appointment by the Doctors or Nursing Team will be able to wait inside the Surgery and do not have to wait outside as has been the case since Covid-19 lockdown.
The following rules will apply to ALL patients:
- Use the check-in screen to log your arrival.
- Wait in the main FRONT waiting room (next to the reception desk) only.
- You MUST wear your own face mask or face covering.
- Sit on the UNMARKED SEATS only.
- Use the hand-sanitiser on entering and leaving the building.
- One appointment = one patient (except in circumstances where patient cannot attend on their own. Otherwise families/friends are to wait outside.
- Patients waiting for taxis after their appointments ARE TO wait outside, chairs will still be provided.
- Patients bringing samples to the surgery, MUST put them in the letterbox by the staff entrance.
- The water drinks machine can be used by patients but the plastic cups MUST be disposed in the waste bin by the side of the machine.
- In the interest of infection control and safety NO queries will be dealt with at the FRONT RECEPTION DESK. If patients wish to make any appointments/have queries etc., they MUST return home and ring the surgery as has been the policy throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
Tinkers Lane Surgery would like to invite you to join DoctorLink.
We have been looking at how we can improve access to Practice services; DoctorLink is our new online service where you can:
- Access advice
- Book appointments online
- Request Repeat Prescriptions
- Request Fit/Sick Notes
Sign-up is simple and you can create an account here https://app.doctorlink.com/Tinkers/register or just click on the purple ‘DoctorLink’ tile on our homepage to register as well.
For all urgent appointments, we ask that you undertake a symptom assessment through DoctorLink. The symptom assessment will ask you a number of questions to help to identify your problem. The outcome of your assessment will direct you to the right treatment, whether emergency care, your GP, nurse or self-care. If your outcome indicates that an appointment is required at your GP Practice, you simply click on the “book an appointment” button and book your appointment directly (In line with our Covid policy, this will be an initial telephone appointment). If no appointments are available, you will see a “request an appointment” button, please click this.
Once the request has been submitted, you will then be contacted by the Practice Team, to arrange a telephone appointment within the identified timeframe (as outlined in the outcome of your symptom checker).
The information you provide will be shared with our clinical team (where appropriate) and will assist in providing robust information of your problem to the required clinical team member prior to your appointment.
Please can all patients ensure when contacting the surgery, they confirm to the receptionist whether they have potential COVID-19 symptoms of:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
If a patient attends for a face to face appointment with a GP and is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, but has failed to inform the surgery, this action can have the following consequences:
- Closure of the Surgery – This may happen in order to carry out a deep clean, due to patient being seen in the wrong area of the Surgery (We have a specific Isolation area of the Surgery if we have to see patients face to face with symptoms).
- Risk to other patients – Contamination of surfaces within the Surgery by the patient, significantly increasing potential spread of virus.
- Risk to Surgery staff – Any surgery staff who are unnecessarily exposed to a patient with potential COVID-19 symptoms, have a significantly increased risk of catching the virus, in turn, this reduces the staff available to treat patients.
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Mental health and wellbeing support:
Whether you’re concerned about yourself or a loved one, these self referral mental health organisations can offer expert advice:
Take care of your mental health.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
COVID19 is unlikely to cause a serious illness in children, but please remember children can still become seriously unwell from other causes that are always around. Please do not let concerns over COVID19 stop you from contacting medical services. If you are not sure if your child needs to be seen please go to https://www.what0-18.nhs.uk/national for advice or contact 111 or your GP. For information about crying babies go to https://www.what0-18.nhs.uk/national If your child is severely unwell call 999 or go to ED.
SUPPORT FOR SELF ISOLATED AND QUARANTINED IN ROYAL WOOTTON BASSETT
If anyone is feeling isolated due to Corona Virus (Covid-19) and the current government advice to self-isolate (in certain circumstances), please see the link below for Royal Wootton Bassett support for the self isolated and quarantined, where you can find support and assistance if needed.
Diabetic Information for Patients: Click on the Clinics & Services Tab at the top of this home page to access up to date diabetic information for patients.
Download the SystmOnline Application Form
Download the SystmOnline Application Form from the link below, return the completed form to the surgery along with 2 x […]
Monday morning opening
Please note from 21st January, our reception will open at 8:20 on a Monday morning
07:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 13:00
14:00 until 20:00
07:30 until 20:00
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30